Our cellars date back to as far as the end of the 19th century, when - probably around 1890, although there are no official documents testifying to the exact year - our great grandfather, "Giacomo Vico", started producing and selling wine under his own name.
Concentrating exclusively on quality rather than quantity – as is the case once again today - Giacomo was soon receiving awards in competitions both at home and abroad, including a "Gold Medal".
In 1954 Giacomo died, and Dario closed down his father’s business. In 1990, with her three sons now grown up, a start was made on renovating the old premises used by great-grandfather Giacomo. State-of-the-art technology was introduced into the winery alongside the wooden casks used for the ageing of the red wines, and in 1992 Anita, together with one of the sons, Alessandro, began once again to make and sell wines under the name "Giacomo Vico".