Stubbornness, patience and...
The Cavalleri family has owned land in Erbusco since 1450, as evidenced by a deed preserved in the family archive.
In the same archive is stored a deed of purchase of the vineyard Rampaneto in 1842, even today the cru, and also the project concerning the division of inheritance (1904) of Nob. Cav.Giuseppe Paolo Cavalleri among his sons Attilio and Giovanni. This act shows a structure suitable for a production winery already important at the time, although until 1967, the year of recognition of Franciacorta DOC, white wines and red wines produced were sold in bulk.
After the advent of ‘Disciplinare del Franciacorta’ we started to bottle: from 1968 are the first bottles of wine labeled and in the same year the company acquired its present name "Gian Paolo e Giovanni Cavalleri".